Current selection includes:
- Milk Yarn. As featured in Interweave Handwoven Magazine! Our most popular weaving yarn produces strong, silky fabrics with a glossy sheen and beautiful drape. Takes acid or fiber-reactive dyes.
24Nm/4. 100g = 600m. ~3000ypp. Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones. Buy now
- Soy Yarn. Sustainable, renewable, 100 percent soy produces incredibly soft fabrics. Takes acid or fiber-reactive dyes, but we recommend cold water dyes (the fiber is heat-sensitive). 20Nm/4. 100g = 500m. ~2500 ypp). Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones. Buy now.
- Banana Yarn. Bast fiber from banana has a slightly stiff hand that produces structured fabrics, much like linen. It's great for housewares or decorative weaves. Or use a banana warp with a soy or pineapple weft for a more wearable fabric.
16Nm/4. 100g = 400m. ~2000ypp. Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones.
- Banana Blends. Blending with 50 percent Tencel®, viscose from pineapple, or even cotton tames the stiffness of the banana and adds a bit of polish to the finished fabric. We offer a rotating selection of banana blends. Call for availability.
10Nm/2. 100g = 500m. ~2500ypp.Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones.
- Milk-Wool Blend. Blending with 50 percent merino wool and spinning to a heavier ply gives our classic milk yarn a more substantial feel. It dyes darker, with less sheen, while maintaining a soft drape.
16Nm/4. 100g=400m. ~2000ypp.
- Bamboo Yarn.Our 100 percent bamboo produces breathable, cool fabrics with a beautiful drape. Dyes easily with fiber-reactive dyes.
32Ne/3x3x2. 100g = 330m. ~1600 ypp. Sold in 300g skeins.
Bellatrista offers a range of all-natural fibers in finer weights designed specifically for the loom. These yarns produce luxurious woven fabrics with distinct properties. Use them on their own or in a mixed warp or weft for a truly unique weave. Available on cones, as undyed natural or dyed to order.