Current selection includes:
- Milk Yarn. As featured in Interweave Handwoven! Super soft and silky, fabrics woven from 100 percent milk protein fiber have a beautiful drape. Takes acid or fiber-reactive dyes. 24Nm/4 (100g = 600m, approx 3000ypp). Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones.
- Soy Yarn. Sustainable, renewable 100 percent soy produces incredibly soft fabrics. Takes acid or fiber-reactive dyes, but we recommend cold water dyes (fiber is heat-sensitive). 20Nm/4 (100g = 500m, approx 2500 ypp). Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones.
- Banana Yarn. Bast fiber from banana has a hairier, slightly stiff hand that produces structured fabrics, great for housewares or decorative weaves. Or use a banana warp with a soy or pineapple weft for a more wearable fabric. 16Nm/4 (100g = 400m, approx 2000ypp). Sold in one-pound skeins or cones.
- Banana-Pineapple Blend. Viscose from pineapple tames the stiffness of the banana and adds a bit of drape and sheen. 10Nm/2 (100g = 500m, approx 2500 ypp). Sold in 225g (half-pound) skeins or cones.
- Bamboo Yarn. Our 100 percent bamboo produces breathable, cool fabrics with a beautiful drape. Dyes easily with fiber-reactive dyes. 32Ne/3x3x2 (100g = 330m, approx 1600 ypp). Sold in 300g skeins.
We offer a selection of undyed, natural fibers in fine and lace weights for weaving. On cones or in skeins. For warp or weft.